As our Engineering Product Manager, we are looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer to work within a small team of skilled design engineers, supplying high quality products and systems. The successful candidate will be experienced in innovative Electronics design solutions, leading to successful project timescales and budget.
You will get the opportunity to be involved in the whole project lifecycle, from concept and specification, design through prototyping and testing to preparation for manufacture. You’ll work with the cross-disciplinary engineering team, liaising with mechanical and software engineers to achieve the overall product design, from design for compliance to instrumentation engineering and data science.
Responsibilities will include:
· Playing a key role in the design and development process to ensure the availability of market-relevant products for the future
· Ensuring product design is suitable for efficient manufacturing/service whilst ensuring product quality and reliability
· Managing product technical literature and design change requests
· Overseeing design criticality for robustness and compliance in regulated environments
· Championing initiatives that will reduce the costs of next-generation products, enhance quality and improve reliability
· Design of electronic/electrical equipment
· Designing PCB layouts
· Writing firmware/software
· Assembly of electronic/electrical prototypes
· Wiring of electrical assemblies
· Purchasing specification
· Drawing up BOMs, cost projects and assemblies
· Writing technical literature
In order for your application to be considered, you’ll need to have a degree in electronics engineering, with experience in the following:
· Digital & Analogue Hardware design
· Embedded software development experience
· Schematic/PCB layout design skills
· Background working on Power or High Voltage Systems
· Ability to take designs from initial concept through to small batch production
· Team Management
· PCB CAD design tools e.g. Solidworks, Altium
· At least one firmware/software language e.g. C (for Microchip processors ideally)
We’re lucky to be one of the most innovative and longstanding manufacturing companies in the UK with worldwide presence. The opportunities to grow and learn are endless. We are built on our people and developing the tools to help make a difference to people’s lives. Why not learn more about what a great place Grant is to work for. Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll get as standard, to tempt you.
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Pension match up to 7%
Employee assistance programme
Ongoing training and encouragement
Christmas and summer parties
If this all sounds good, please get in touch with your CV, we’d love to hear from you.