SATAVIA applies data analytics and cutting-edge atmospheric science to make aviation smarter and greener. SATAVIA’s proprietary DECISIONX:5-DX platform generates a digital twin of the atmosphere from surface to space, simultaneously enabling smarter asset condition monitoring (DECISIONX:FLEET) and reduced climate impact through contrail prevention (DECISIONX:NETZERO).
Combining deep connections in the aviation ecosystem with an agile start-up culture, SATAVIA is able to scale quickly and adapt to new opportunities and partnerships. Rooted in scientific and technological acumen and working with leading players ranging from Microsoft to Airbus, SATAVIA embodies an entrepreneurial mindset with the ambition to transform the relationship between aviation and the environment.
We have already assembled an exceptional group of people, combining talent in atmosphere and climate science, aerospace engineering, and full-stack cloud software and data-engineering. We are now looking for passionate and motivated individuals to join our expanding team and help make aviation smarter and greener.
The Products team will help to shape the services, products and features that will be used by partners and customers who need our DECISIONX:5-DX technology to meet their business needs.
You will take a leading role in helping our customers meet their challenges, by understanding these needs and translating them into products, services and features that will excite them. Ease of use is at the heart of our products.
This role not only requires close relationships with customers but also with our Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that all are aligned.
You will be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on rapidly moving research developments into products.
You will be the first dedicated product person within Satavia and, as such, will have the opportunity to help as we build out a full product function. This will provide huge opportunity to grow and develop your skills and experience in an exciting and innovative team environment.
- Defining epics and stories to meet scrum team missions
- Ensuring the Engineering teams are aligned with the roadmap and mission
- Product backlog ownership and prioritisation
- Ensuring stakeholder agreement on epic/story content and priority
- Engaging with Engineering teams to make sure we are “solving the right problem”
- Help scale the Product function within our growing business
- Collaborating with the wider team to enhance and improve the process
- Assisting with recruitment as we scale
- Ability to participate in an Agile workflow
- Ability to understand the user journey and define user stories
- Work with scrum teams to deliver product value in a changing environment
- Be a user of our own products and be confident learning and understanding our APIs
- A track record of product ownership
- Ability to document product requirements and acceptance criteria
- Experience with using Jira
- Any experience working as a scrum master
- EMI Share options scheme available.
- Generous pension scheme
- Bonus scheme and annual salary review
- Annual leave allowance of 33 days (including bank holidays) plus the option to buy/sell up to 5 days’ leave each year
- Enhanced sick pay
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Life assurance (Death in service)
- Income protection insurance
- Regular social events including pizza lunches and monthly team building/wellbeing activities
Our Vision and Values
Our Vision is simple: to transform the relationship between aviation and the environment. We accomplish this through the continuous application of five core values. At SATAVIA we are:
Agile – we generate hyper-scale technological achievement at hyper-speed, moving fast and making things to stay ahead of the competition.
Curious – our thirst for knowledge drives our scientific, technological, and entrepreneurial acumen, keeping us at the cutting-edge of innovation.
Creative – our problem-solving culture means that we thrive on tackling the hardest problems with fresh perspectives in order to deliver new, impactful solutions.
Caring – we’re eco-centric not ego-centric; we work as a team at all times to ensure we maintain a supportive, collaborative working environment.
Diverse – we’re scientists, programmers, and specialists from all walks of life and all parts of the globe, working together to create more value, faster.